This is it! It’s finally here! Jets week! All the ups and (mostly) downs of this insane season no longer matter. All that matters is partying with 760 Dolphins fans! That’s right, we bought 760 tickets to the Jets/ Dolphins game (All in sections 323 and 322!) and we are going to ruin some Jets fans whole week. Last year the Dolphins crushed them and you could hear us loud and clear on TV in the 4th quarter and we only had 200 tickets then. Imagine what we will sound like with nearly 4 times as many. Between the game and the tailgate, this is going to be a party. For those of you going with us you got most of this in your emails from us, but here is a run down of all the important information!
- I just set up a #MetLifeTakeover Facebook page. If you have a ticket you want to get rid of or if you want a ticket and don’t have one, go there and hopefully you can find someone to do business with.
- If you can’t find someone in our group to do business with, Stub Hub and NFL Ticket exchange have a bunch of seats left in section 322. We have hundreds of tickets in that section so you will not be out numbered. The tickets are pretty expensive though so try our Facebook page first.
- We will be throwing the most massive tailgate you have ever seen in Lot L. If you want to park near us you need a YELLOW parking pass. Our four busses will roll up at 9:15am and we will be there until noon. We sold out of passes to our tailgate so if you don’t have one you can’t eat our food BUT tons of people will be tailgating around us so just BYOB/BYOF and I am 100% sure that someone will grill your food up for you. If you haven’t done one of these before everyone is super friendly!
- We bought 750 orange rally towels, so if you are sitting in 323 or 322 come and get one from us at the tailgate. They are totally free. Our thanks for joining up with us. That being said we raise a lot of money for charity so if you guys want to donate a couple bucks we won’t turn it down.
- Speaking of raising money for charity, we will have Dolfans NYC shirts, hats and (a few) beanies for sale at the tailgate. Shirts are $20 and hats/beanies are $25 but you can get a shirt and a hat/beanie for $40. Cash only. All the money goes into the Dolfans NYC fund of which 100% goes to Dolfans NYC activities and charity. We have donated nearly $10,000 to charity since the last #MetLifeTakeover. Thanks!
- We want to make a LOT of noise at the game. If you haven’t been to our bar before (Slattery’s Midtown Pub) I lead everyone in singing the fight song, signaling first down and always J E T S SUCK SUCK SUCK chants. I am in the middle of section but 323 right next to 322. So look for me and let’s get our yelling organized! I want to hear us on TV and ruin all the Jets fans day. This is a great way to get some POSITIVE attention for the Dolphins for once.
- The name of this event is “#MetLifeTakeover”. That hashtag blew up organically last year and I want to get that going again. Maybe we can get it trending locally at least. So if you Tweet or Instagram from the event please use that hashtag. Also please @ us. We are @DolfansNYC on both Twitter & Instagram.
- Lastly, if you haven’t been to an NFL game this year don’t for get about the NFL’s moronic clear bag policy. You can only bring in clear bags under 12″x 12″ in size. They recommend a 1 gallon freezer bag or of course you can buy a Dolphins branded bag too. Amazon has a bunch. We will have some extra freezer bags at the game incase anyone forgets.
So I think that’s it! Here is a video we shot last year at the tailgate. Imagine this times four! Alex Bente and crew will be back at our tailgate again so look for him and his video crew! Phins up!